Construction Foundation Crew WorkerA position in available beginning
For more than 185 years, Fairbanks Scales has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks Scales sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
Fairbanks Scales is looking to add multiple Foundation Construction Crew Laborers to their construction crews. These Foundation Construction Crew Laborers will work amongst a team of construction workers to build heavy capacity scale foundations. Work generally involves excavating the foundation, grading, erecting forms and rebar, finishing concrete, and operating power tools and equipment.
Laborers are responsible for having transportation to the Fairbanks construction office but will travel with the foundation construction crew in company vehicles. Frequent overnight travel is required for up to 2 weeks at a time with company paid travel cost and per diem meal allowance.
- General grading, debris hauling, loading and unloading supplies
- Assist in changing attachments on heavy equipment
- Assist in erecting forms, wall panels, rebar placement, snap ties and turn buckles
- Assist concrete placement, chute operation, raking, screeding and vibration
- Assist in concrete finishing, hand floats, edgers, all long tools including bull floats, fresnos, (funny trowels), metal trowels, and darbies
- Assist in metal work; torching and cutting, basic welding and grinders
- Operate in accordance with MSHA/OSHA including participating in site specific safety coursework
- Basic familiarization with power tools; saws, drills, impact hammers, etc.
- Basic familiarization with fastening systems, proper nailing, drill and wedge anchors, diagonal bracing, double wall forming
- Health, dental, life, accident insurance
- Vacation/sick/holiday paid time off
- Per diem meal allowance and lodging
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.