Product Manager, InstrumentationA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales, a pioneer in the weighing industry since 1830, has a rich tradition of being a quality provider and a technology leader throughout the industry. Fairbanks is looking to add a Product Manager to their team at the Corporate Office in downtown Kansas City, MO.
The Product Manager will be considered the product champion and recognized expert for their assigned Product Set. They will work with Fairbanks’ three primary channels to market: Factory Direct Sales & Service, Domestic Distribution network and an International Distribution network. This position will report directly to the Director of Product Development and will work closely with Sales, Industry Market Managers, Marketing Services, Channel Partners, and End Users to identify products or product needs necessary to fill specific customer or market needs. The Product Manager will work closely with engineering to develop specifications to ensure that new product development projects or existing product enhancement projects meet the required market specifications. In addition, they will work closely with Manufacturing and Procurement to ensure required lead times, quality needs, and cost objectives are met. This position will be responsible for product planning and ownership throughout the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for developing and managing new and existing product lines.
- Manage product throughout entire product life cycle (cradle to grave) including:
- Initiate new product ideas and concepts
- Working with engineering through development processes
- Coordinate new product releases with manufacturing
- Coordinate new product releases and launch with Sales
- Trains peers and Sales staff of product set
- Works with Field Sales to coordinate sales support, service, consulting and market analysis activities.
- Analyze market information for product growth and identifying opportunities for new products.
- Communicates with other Product and Market Managers and division support personnel as appropriate to coordinate joint activities and exchange of information.
- Participates and instructs Product Training classes in scheduled class room and field environment.
- Works with Marketing Communications group to develop, maintain and improve Sales and Marketing support materials.
- Evaluates and compares existing products and competitive products to enhance and improve product line to maintain and grow product market share as an ongoing responsibility.
- Prepares and implements short and long term marketing strategies and product forecasts.
- Provides competitive landscape pricing analysis.
- Duties performed are based out of Fairbanks Scales Corporate offices in Kansas City Missouri. Travel is required. Travel will include scheduled trips to manufacturing facilities in Meridian Mississippi and Saint Johnsbury Vermont as well as customer, Distributor and Customer Support Center locations as required.
- Associates or BS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology preferred, BS in Marketing will be considered. This individual must possess a strong Technical aptitude.
- Prefer minimum of two (2) years’ experience demonstrating skills in:
- Existing scale industry or related experience
- Directing work activities and projects
- Skill in planning operation and marketing activities for short term (i.e. 6 months to 2 years).
- Skill in verbal and written communications in one or more of the following: technical, training / instruction, marketing, and supervisory functions.
- Ability to organize and lead teams to achieve planned results.
- Ability to analyze sales, financial and other administrative reports.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn:
- PLC applications and interfacing
- Communication Interfacing (Ethernet, PLC, Serial, etc)
- Technical working knowledge of products and services to communicate with customers, technicians, support staff and Area Sales Managers effectively
- Weights and Measures regulations and guidelines
- Safety regulations and practices
- Interrelationships of products, sales and service and other market channels
- Fairbanks policies, practices, guidelines and procedures
- Health, dental, life and accident insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Vacation/sick paid time off
- FREE daily lunch
- FREE downtown parking
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.