Design Mechanical EngineerA position in available beginning
Since 1830, Fairbanks Scales has built and serviced high quality weighing equipment of all kinds. In Saint Johnsbury, VT, Fairbanks manufactures all of its light capacity scales, including bench scales and floor scales.
The manufacturing facility in Saint Johnsbury, VT is currently seeking a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer for the following duties:
- Propose and develop new product designs for light capacity scales, and modify existing designs for custom applications. Generate drawings for manufacturing, foundation construction, and installation using CAD.
- Investigate and recommend product updates for standard products. Update product designs through product revisions and Engineering Change Orders.
- Provide design recommendations in order to quote non-standard products.
- Contribute to development of sales literature, service manuals, and 3D models for demonstration purposes.
- Provide engineering technical support to manufacturing, quality assurance, field service and sales personnel, contractors, product management, and distributors.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide guidance and solutions for field issues.
- Perform basic structural design calculations for weighbridges and foundations to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and test prototype scales for performance, production, and regulatory certification.
Beyond the primary duties noted above, other responsibilities, tasks, or assignments may be required to provide support for the Saint Johnsbury facility or the company.
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combined education/work experience.
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD and drafting. Able to read and produce engineering drawings using CAD. Familiarity with AutoCAD (2010 or better) and/or Solid Edge preferred.
- Computer literate with proficiency in use of PC tools (word processors, spreadsheets, databases, etc.)
- Basic engineering calculations, an understanding of dimensioning, tolerancing, and other standard engineering practices.
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.