Senior Engineer - SoftwareA position in available beginning
Founded in 1830, Fairbanks Scales has a rich tradition of being a quality provider of industrial weighing equipment and a technology leader throughout the industry.
Fairbanks Scales is seeking a Senior Engineer for their Corporate Office in downtown Kansas City, MO This Senior Engineer will be responsible for software and hardware design solutions on our industrial weighing equipment.
- Coordinate the creation of a system by ordering the required parts, creating design schematics and special wiring diagrams for assemblers, and supervising their work
- Interface with many different departments throughout Fairbanks including marketing personnel as the product evolves through the phases of development, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and field service
- Provide technical input to all other operating groups and Fairbanks’ customers
- Develop cost estimates and timelines for product development and/or changes
- Design, code, and document software using a high level of assembly language
- Write, modify, and review Service or Operator Manuals
- This position will travel 20% as they meet with customers and assist in product installations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in electrical or software engineering roles
- Strong knowledge of electronic devices, particularly microprocessors and analog/communication interfaces
- Proficient with full MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Thorough understanding of local (LAN) and wide area networking (WAN), network security, parallel and serial communications (both synchronous and asynchronous), relational database management, file sharing, and all Microsoft operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of “C”, assembler, compilers, and emulators
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in scale design testing and manufacturing preferred
Fairbanks Scales is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for dental, vision, and major medical insurances. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.