Technical Support SpecialistA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales, a leader in the weighing industry, is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for their Corporate Office in downtown Kansas City, MO. This Technical Support Specialist will ensure world class service to Fairbanks’ internal and external customers by troubleshooting, resolving, and instructing others about industrial weighing products and software related issues. They will provide assistance and guidance, via telephone and occasionally on-site, to service technicians nationwide and will collaborate with many departments including engineering, sales, service, product development, and corporate to ensure customers are provided with high quality service and products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and assist others with product and software related issues.
- Communicate over the phone with field service and sales personnel across the nation and internationally.
- Support engineering, sales, and product development teams.
- Report problems from the field by providing accurate documentation to both engineers and support personnel.
- Interface with factory engineers and manufacturing personnel during product development.
Provide application assistance to sales personnel.
- Instruct Fairbanks direct, domestic and international distributor technicians on proper servicing of Fairbanks products.
- Periodically travel overnight (including air travel), to assist service departments with installation, programming, training, and calibration of new (or existing) products at customer sites.
· Office located at our corporate headquarters Kansas City, Missouri.
· Daily work normally performed taking calls and emails in the Technical Support Department.
· Travel periodically to customer sites nationwide to resolve problems (includes airline travel).
· Work may occasionally be performed at customer industrial sites specific to the customer application.
- Degree in Electronics Technology, Electronics or a related field
- Scale industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Solid background in electronics with an emphasis in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of A/D circuits, power supplies, and transducers.
- Experience with industrial communications such as RS232, RS485, 20mA, Ethernet, 4-20mA analog outputs.
- Should have working knowledge and use of various test equipment, i.e. DVM.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven technical writing skills to accurately proofread and edit existing technical manuals.
- Able to travel periodically, including air travel.
- Health, dental, life and accident insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Vacation/sick paid time off
- FREE daily lunch
- FREE downtown parking
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.