Area Sales ManagerA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales, one of the nation's earliest industrial manufacturing companies, has service centers and production facilities all across the United States. They have consistently maintained a solid reputation of providing world-class weighing products and exceptional service since 1830.
Fairbanks Scales is looking to add an Area Sales Manager to their dynamic sales team. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with and learn from an industry leader, selling our line of industrial weighing equipment into a wide variety of companies and industries. The ideal Area Sales Manager will be assertive, organized, goal orientated, and self-motivated. This business-to-business sales opening is for predominantly outside sales call activity, working closely with the Area Service Manager and our local distributors.
Responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager include:
- Account Prospecting
- Account Generation
- Account Maintenance
- Authorized Distributor Support
The ideal Area Sales Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field
- 5-7 years of proven successful outside sales experience (preferably industrial equipment or agricultural industries)
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrable computer literacy including:
- MS Office programs
- CRM Dynamics
- Proficient use of Outlook Calendar
- Technically competent with a basic electronics aptitude
- Cooperative, self-motivated, independent, goal oriented
- Proven success in negotiation and problem-solving
- Excellent follow-through and follow-up
- Distribution support experience preferred
- Utmost professionalism with a desire to learn and be the best
- Valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record that passes our insurance requirements
- Reliable transportation for movement around territory (monthly car allowance is provided)
- Experience in and knowledge of the agricultural industry in Indiana
Fairbanks Scales will provide:
- Product, application, and sales training
- Large customer base with repeat sales
- Salary plus commission and bonus opportunities
- Transportation allowance and fuel card
- Notebook computer and cell phone
- Travel expenses
Fairbanks employees are eligible for coverage under our broad-based insurance programs, including basic medical, dental, and major medical. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Employees may elect to purchase supplemental group life insurance, spousal and dependent life insurance, long term disability, and accident group insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Fairbanks Scales is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.