Field Service Technician (Boston)A position in available beginning
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, calibration and service of a customer’s weighing equipment. Field Service Technicians will be working on both mechanical and electronic scales in various industries and environments from grocery store scales to massive truck and train scales. We are looking for someone that is self-motivated, has a strong desire to learn a trade, and has a willingness to be part of a team that exceeds our customers’ expectations. The ideal Field Service Technician candidate will have knowledge in many fields including mechanical, electrical, and computer experience. We will provide basic and ongoing training to facilitate your growth and future with Fairbanks Scales.
- Installation, inspection, calibration, repair and maintenance of industrial weighing and measuring equipment
- Complete service documents and test reports for review with customers and management
- Provide consultation and quotations on product and services
- Participate in the marketing and sales effort of the Customer Support Center to expand service revenues
- Compliance with all Fairbanks policies, along with OSHA, MSHA, DOT regulations and all other laws governing the workplace
- Minimum 1 year Field Repair and/or Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Must be able to lift/maneuver 50+ lbs
- Must have or be able to obtain Class B CDL including a pre-employment drug test, physical exam, and Motor Vehicle Record analysis
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check
- Must be able to pass State test for Service Agent
- Must be willing to work overtime (nights/weekends) as required to satisfy customer needs
- Basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance and electronics with ability to work outdoors for long periods
- Basic knowledge of computers and software - Understanding serial outputs / networking would be a plus
- Working knowledge of a digital volt meter
- Ability to travel out of town for training and overnight assignments within designated territory
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime
- Company provided truck
- Company provided cellphone and tablet
- All weather clothing/uniforms provided
- Vacation/sick paid time off
- Health, dental, life, accident insurance
- 401k plan with employer contributions
WHO IS FAIRBANKS SCALES INC.?
For more than 185 years, Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
You can also visit us at www.fairbanks.com
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.