Area Service ManagerA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales is looking for an Area Service Manager in the Buffalo, NY (West Seneca, NY) area. The Area Service Manager will be responsible for managing the Fairbanks Service Center and all Service Center Field Service Technicians. Ensuring profit and customer growth through maintenance, consultative services and marketing opportunities to industrial scale users in the Buffalo area.
The Area Service Manager will report to a Director of Service Operations and work with many different facets of the organization including other Service Managers and the Corporate Office. They will interact daily with Field Sales to coordinate sales support, service consulting and market analysis activities. The Area Service Manager will communicate with customers and potential customers on their weighing product and service requirements while also developing effective business work relationships with Weights and Measures regulatory personnel and local vendors.
- Provides leadership and oversight of installations and maintenance of weighing products and related apparatus for customers within an assigned geographic area through direction, supervision and business management of the activities of skilled Field Service Technicians, with the support of a Service Administrator
- Prepares and implements short and long term marketing and operational plans, monthly/quarterly and annual forecasts for annual budget
- Hires, trains and manages performance of Field Service Technicians and Service Administrator.
- Directs programs to increase service/product sales through direct/telephone contact with potential customers to seek additional service opportunities and product sales and through utilization of staff.
- Monitors work performed to assure customer satisfaction
- Assures maintenance of accounting, recordkeeping and reporting functions
- Controls expenditures, work efforts, personnel levels, parts inventory, fleet management and purchasing which is consistent with Fairbanks policies and to meet business objectives.
- Analyzes Service P & L Statement to determine factors in order to better manage increased revenue, profit and quality of services
- Assures that all billing and reporting procedures adhere to company requirements. Insures the availability of office, shop service tools, parts, supplies, inventories and equipment as needed;
- Maintains a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, MSHA, DOT, Company Safety Policies, and any other local, state or federal regulatory standards and administers safety standards, policies, procedures
- Conducts quarterly safety meetings with all Service Center Field Service Technicians
- Maintains basic knowledge of federal, State and local regulations affecting the work place
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Duties are performed in office/shop environments of Fairbanks and of customer facilities
- Travel mostly in assigned geographic area, for at least 50% of annual hours worked
- Considerable amount of communication is by telephone and by email
- Experience managing and/or working in a field service environment
- A minimum of 2-4 years direct supervisor experience demonstrating skills in:
- Interviewing and selection
- Counseling and appraising performance
- Developing staff/teams through informal and formal learning activities
- Directing work activities
- Influencing, motivating others to perform assigned responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience reviewing and interpreting contractual information needed
- Previous negotiation experience a plus
- Project management experience needed
- Previous Weights and Measures experience would be highly preferred
- Demonstrates perseverance, maturity, self-confidence and common sense
- Previous experience in sales helpful, especially sales of industrial process products
- Insurances including medical, dental, life, and accident
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Participation in the Area Service Manager bonus program
- Company vehicle, computer, phone provided
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.