District Service ManagerA position in available beginning
For more than 188 years, Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
Fairbanks Scales, a leader in the weighing industry, is looking for a District Service Manager for their South-East Region. This District Service Manager will office in our Customer Support Center in New Orleans, LA but will also have oversight of the Mobile, AL CSC.
The District Service Manager is responsible for supervising field personnel and directs operations within a district. This position is responsible for creating the overall vision for each location in their district, establishing benchmarks for local teams and implementing policies and programs that will help each team achieve their goals.
- Manages teams to control expenditures, work efforts, personnel levels, parts inventory, fleet management and purchasing.
- Prepares and implements short and long territory growth and operational plans for district annual budget.
- Provides individual and team work objectives; measuring results to ensure that the team is meeting performance goals.
- Provides formal and on-going performance management using coaching, mentoring and metrics to lead and evaluate performance.
- Works with Field Service Managers to provide customers on-time quotes and meet quoting standards provided through the territory growth plan.
- Reviews contracts and bid specifications for all salesman in district.
- Obtains outstanding customer service results through policy development, process improvement and coaching.
- Assures all billing and reporting procedures adhere to company requirements.
- Ensures district compliance with OSHA, MSHA, DOT, company policies and all local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Works with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and ensure new employees are properly onboarded.
- Leads the district’s internal and external communications.
- Trains and implements technological changes to shop management.
- Works with Regional Directors on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties are performed in office/shop environments of Fairbanks
- Travel mostly in assigned geographic area, for at least 50% of annual hours worked
- Considerable amount of communication is by telephone and by email
- A minimum of 4 years direct managerial experience in a service/sales organization
- Proven skills in:
- Interviewing and selection
- Counseling and appraising performance
- Developing staff/teams through informal and formal learning activities
- Influencing, motivating others to perform assigned responsibilities
- Ability to develop effective business relationships with employees, customers and federal, state, county and city agencies.
- Technical working knowledge of scale products and services.
- Ability to analyze sales, financial and other administrative reports.
- Must be knowledgeable in Weights and Measures regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to organize office/shop activities to achieve planned results.
- Skill in negotiation and problem-solving.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Insurances including medical, dental, life, and accident
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Participation in the District Service Manager bonus program
- Company vehicle, computer, phone provided
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.