Field Service ManagerA position in available beginning
For more than 188 years, Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
Fairbanks Scales is looking for a Field Service Manager in the Atlanta, GA (Cumming, GA) area. The Field Service Manager will be a multi-faceted position that includes responsibility for managing aspects of the Fairbanks Service Center and Field Service Technicians as well as also servicing Fairbanks’ customers in regards to their industrial weighing equipment.
This individual will also work with many departments of the organization including Area Service Managers, the Corporate Office, and Fairbanks’ Field Sales team. As a Field Service Manager, they will be responsible for the installation, calibration and service of a customer’s weighing equipment. Field Service Managers work side by side with Technicians on both mechanical and electronic scales in various industries and environments from grocery store scales to massive truck and train scales.
- Provides leadership and oversight of installations and maintenance of weighing products and related apparatus for customers within an assigned geographic area through direction and business management of the activities of skilled Field Service Technicians, with the support of a Service Administrator.
- Maintains a Customer Support Area in a geographically strategic location. Establishes resident locations to meet customer needs as they are economically viable.
- Controls expenditures, work efforts, personnel levels, parts inventory, fleet management and purchasing in coordination with Fairbanks Scales policies and procedures.
- Works with field sales and service personnel to coordinate sales support, service consulting and market analysis activities.
- Coordinates and leads service personnel in the assigned area, and has direct input to performance evaluations completed by the District Service Manager.
- Recruits, interviews and trains personnel. Coaches technicians on skill development to improve performance and assures that needed learning activities are completed.
- Assures maintenance of accounting, recordkeeping and reporting functions.
- Communicates with customers and potential customers on their weighing product and service requirements.
- Develops effective business work relationship with Weights and Measures regulatory personnel.
- Communicates with other Field Service Managers and division support personnel as appropriate to coordinate joint activities and exchange of information.
- Contacts local vendors to gather information on services or products, or to procure their services or products.
- Maintains a minimum of 25% direct field service productivity.
- Establishes safety, training and productivity plan for each year as coordinated by the District Service Manager and Regional Field Technical Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel mostly in assigned geographic area, for at least 40% of annual hours worked
- Must be willing to work overtime (nights/weekends) as required to satisfy customer needs
- Installation, inspection, calibration, repair and maintenance of industrial weighing and measuring equipment
- Complete service documents and test reports for review with customers and management
- Provide consultation and quotations on product and services
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a service/sales organization
- 3-5 years of experience in Field Repair and/or Industrial Maintenance, previous Weights and Measures experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of mechanical maintenance and electronics with ability to work outdoors for long periods of time
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including understanding serial outputs / networking
- Working knowledge of a digital volt meter
- Project management experience and ability to multitask various aspects of a project at a time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience reviewing and interpreting contractual information
- Previous experience in sales helpful, especially sales of industrial process products
- Must be able to lift/maneuver 50+ lbs
- Must have or be able to obtain Class B CDL including a pre-employment drug test, physical exam, and Motor Vehicle Record analysis
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check
- Must be able to pass State test for Service Agent
- Insurances including medical, dental, life, and accident
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Participation in the Field Service Manager bonus program
- Company vehicle, computer, phone provided
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume a salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.