Electrical Design EngineerA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer. This Engineer will be responsible for hardware design solutions on our industrial weighing equipment.
- Develop new hardware products
- Design reliable, accurate analog and digital circuits for electrical scale instrumentation and other related components
- Interface with many different departments throughout Fairbanks including marketing personnel as the product evolves through the phases of development, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and field service
- Provide technical input to all other operating groups and Fairbanks’ customers
- Review product proposals and configure feasible design solutions
- Write engineering specifications for product development
- Develop cost estimates and timelines for product development and/or changes
- Develop electrical hardware designs and schematics utilizing PC based tools to document the designs for passage into the manufacturing area.
- Write, modify, and review Service or Operator Manuals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical engineering roles
- Strong knowledge of electronic devices, particularly microprocessors and analog/communication interfaces
- Proficient with full MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Broad understanding of computer hardware, computer software, communication protocols, machine design, and manufacturing environments
- Strong working knowledge of “C”, assembler, compilers, and emulators
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in scale design testing and manufacturing preferred
Fairbanks Scales is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for dental, vision, and major medical insurances. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.