Maintenance Technician, Class AA position in available beginning
Fairbanks Scales, a leader in the industrial weighing industry since 1830, is looking for a Maintenance Technician for their electronics manufacturing plant in Saint Johnsbury, VT. This Maintenance Technician will perform Master level work in the operation, maintenance, setup, assembly and repair of a wide variety of manufacturing equipment, building systems, grounds and materials handling.
This Maintenance Technician will manage design solutions, coordinate with outside contractors and tenants, handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet timelines, develop processes that meet company plans and goals, and actively support and adhere to all safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage long term and short term preventative maintenance plans.
- Maintain accurate service records.
- Provide maintenance on various types of material handling and rigging equipment including cranes, for trucks, pallet jacks, dollies, etc.
- Provide maintenance on the systems within the facility including HVAC, boilers, steam distillation, and hydronic heating.
- In the event that an on-call program is implemented all employees assigned to this position will be required to participate and adhere to all requirements set out in such policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Journeyman level experience as an electrician, plumber, or millwright.
- At least 5 years of experience in a facility maintenance or machine maintenance role.
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints, shop drawings, schematics and sketches.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical failures.
- Ability to use pipe fitting equipment, torches, hand tools, power tools, precision measuring equipment, PLCs, and standard computer operating systems and software.
Fairbanks Scales is an equal opportunity employer.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.