Associate Product Test EngineerA position in available beginning
Founded in 1830, Fairbanks Scales has a rich tradition of being a quality provider of industrial weighing equipment and a technology leader throughout the industry. Fairbanks has manufactured and provided top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service through a network of Fairbanks sales and service representatives and authorized distributors. Fairbanks continues to break new ground in scale design, setting the new standard in weighing equipment and systems engineering while meeting the special needs of our customers.
Fairbanks Scales is seeking an Associate Product Test Engineer for their St. Johnsbury, VT manufacturing facility. This Product Test Engineer will assist development engineers by writing functional test plans and creating test strategies for prototype product testing, assuring product conforms to requirements. This Engineer will interface with technical support and quality assurance personnel to assist with field failures.
- Execute the test plan for prototype products including verification of operation and interfacing with peripheral equipment
- Conduct technician based testing with Field Technicians to find software bugs / non-conformances
- Perform detailed hardware and software pre-tests to verify product performance and design prior to the regulatory approval process
- Help perform weights and measures certification and other testing required by various regulatory agencies
- Interface with software engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration
- Document all problems, bugs, or other issues
- Verify bug fixes
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis, and prepare reports of test results
- Ensure technical manuals conform to features and functions of prototype products and provide feedback to the technical documentation group
- Work with field technicians and technical support personnel to investigate, trouble shoot field failures and determine root-causes
- As appropriate, perform on-site issue identification and verification at customer location
- Perform other duties as assigned to accomplish company and department objectives
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years of software testing/evaluation experience
- Strong understanding of software, electro-mechanical circuitry, theory and practices
- Computer proficiency and Windows application knowledge
- Ability to use of a wide variety of test equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Must be able to lift weights up to 50 pounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and recordkeeping ability
- Some travel, domestic and international, will be required
Fairbanks Scales is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for dental, vision, and major medical insurances. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Submit resumes to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.
Fairbanks Scales provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fairbanks Scales complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fairbanks Scales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fairbanks Scales’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.